Sunday, July 21, 2013

#Create2Educate


It is no secret that I *love* to create!  Craft stores rank up there as one of my favorite places to frequent as I prepare my classroom/office for the school year.  The possibilities are absolutely limitless!

So, I was completely over-the-moon when Michael's offered me the opportunity to shop on their dime for products to help me craft a better space!  Seriously, I was giddy bouncing through the aisles!



I had been eyeing a ribbon chandelier on Pinterest for awhile, and knew it was the perfect thing to add a little extra sugar to my classroom/office space in August.  Plus, I had a bunch of extra fabric scraps left over from the bunting I made earlier in the week.  


While at Michael's, I purchased some spools of ribbon and a round, wooden loom.


I spent the next hour cutting and tying ribbon and fabric scraps around the loom to create this fabulous little chandelier!  I {love} it!  I cannot wait to hang it up!






* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Michael's is actually hosting a contest where YOU could win a $50 spree at this fabulous store.  And, let's be honest, they are SO good to teachers!  A 15% discount every time I'm there?  I'll take it, thankyouverymuch.  


Here's what Michael's has to say: 

Michaels knows that creative teachers work hard all year to captivate their students, to making 
“boring” things come to life, and to create environments that fuel education. 

Join us in keeping the inspiration going as we kick off the 2013/2014 school year with the 
#Create2Educate sweepstakes! 

Create your own Back-to-School project—anything from classroom d├ęcor and organization, to a 
learning activity for your students. Then, enter the Michaels sweepstakes by uploading a photo 
of your creation to Instagram using #Create2Educate AND #sweepstakes. 

Each day we’ll feature our favorite Instagram photos on the Michael’s “Classroom Ideas” 
Pinterest board, and we’ll randomly pick one lucky teacher daily to win a $50 Michael’s Gift 
Card. 

Create as many Back-to-School projects as you’d like and upload photos of them to Instagram 
for more chances to win.

#Create2Educate opens for entries on July 21st and closes on August 3rd. Head to Michael’s and 
get inspired today. 

Don’t’ forget that teachers get 15% off of their purchase all year long at Michaels!

So fun!  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @babblingabby and check out the hashtag #create2educate to see all the fabulous projects!  Happy crafting!

8 comments :

Natalie said...

Sounds like a fun giveaway! Can't wait to get crafting :)

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits

Adrienne Pettit said...

Off topic question, but I LOVE the font you used for your Rockin' Behavior guitar from 2011. I've seen it before and would love to have it. Do you know where you got the font from? Can you please email me? apettit82@gmail.com
Thanks a bunch!

Maria Manore said...

I have been drooling over the ribbon chandelier on Pinterest too. Yours looks AMAZING!

Maria
Kinder-Craze

Amy J said...

Ooohh! Pretty! I just made a very similar garland/banner thing (because I wasn't patient enough to cut triangles like you did) using strips of fabric. I have lots of leftover fabric that needs to be used! This is perfect. :) Thanks for sharing!

Amy
What Happens in First Grade

karen said...

Ooooh! Thanks for sharing this. I just bought some really sweet black and white chevron fabric today at Michaels! I am going to use it to recover for my teacher stool. Maybe spray paint the legs hot pink. :)
Karen
Mrs. Jones’s Kindergarten

Ashley Pennell said...

Your ribbon chandelier is so CUTE!! I love it!

Ashley
That's So Second Grade!

Mrs. Cockrell said...

That is adorable!

-Gayla
Teach On.

A Sunny Day in First Grade said...

Your chandelier is adorable!!!

Sarah
A Sunny Day in First Grade