Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Remembering 2012

2012

This past year has been no less than incredible.  God worked in my life in ways that I once never thought possible, and all I can do is reflect {in awe} of His plan.  I’m happier than I’ve been in years, and can truly say I’ve felt his presence during some very dark and difficult times over the past 12 months.  I owe Him all the glory, as I don’t think I could’ve accomplished anything without Him leading the way. 

I’ve never considered myself to be very outwardly “religious.”  I’m certainly not preachy, and there’s nothing that intimidates me more than someone with questions about faith that I simply cannot answer because I don’t know.  But, I just felt it on my heart tonight to tell you that He loves you, is there for you, and he wants a relationship with you.  He wants to hold your hand and lead you through the good times and bad.  He wants to be all up in your 2013!

Just thought I would share :)

* * * * * *

And, now, for my year in pictures – in no particular order - with an explanation in words afterwards.

2012-07-10

1.  I bought a unitard.  Remember?!  I mean, there is no better way to start 2012 than in an adult onesie.  Let’s be honest.

2.  Though I graduated in December 2011, I didn’t receive my new certificate until this summer when my pay raise could go in effect. Yay! 

3.  Brandon and I began fertility treatments.  That pick was taken by a sweet waitress at First Watch before our second IUI.  Though it wasn’t successful, it was certainly a challenging time for us as a couple and we grew stronger because of it. 

4.  We had our first “official” family pictures made!  LOVE THEM!  Those boys just make my day.

5.  B became a stay-at-home dad.  A great decision for our family.  He makes some world class enchiladas and cinnamon chip snickerdoodles, keeps up on laundry better than I ever did, and rocks the parent pick-up line at preschool.  So proud of him.

6.  My marriage became stronger, and my love for my husband grew with each passing day.  He’s such a great guy and genuinely makes me the happiest girl <3

7.  I went to Chicago and met up with my favorite online friends!  I can’t say enough about their friendship over the past year, and I’m so grateful to have finally met them in person!  Looking forward to our next gathering already :)

8.  On December 23rd, yours truly turned the big 3-0!  B worked together with my friends to throw me a surprise party two months before the big event.  So. Blessed.  I cannot even wait to see what my 30th year will hold!

9.  My pumpkin continues to be the love of my life and we’ve shared a gazillion silly moments over the past year.  He never ceases to crack me up {or test my patience!}.  He’s one of a kind and I just love him!

10.  I left the classroom, and became our school’s Title I teacher.  I LOVE MY JOB.  Moreover, I work part-time, allowing me to spend more time at home enjoying my family and life.  I can’t tell you how happy this made me, and give a whole lotta PTLs for this opportunity!

11.   We decided to discontinue fertility treatments and pursue adoption! What a blessing! I pray every day for our sweet baby and his or her mother, and can’t wait to share the news that we have a wee one in our home again.

So, there’s 2012 in sum.  What a fantastic year!  2013, here I come!

35 comments :

Lauren said...

love this post!

Your comment that God wants to be all up in my 2013 is perfect!

Happy New Year!

Susie Shafer said...

I love, love, love your photo montage of 2012! Best of luck to you in 2013...this is going to be YOUR year!

Susie
www.shafersshenanigans@blogspot.com

Bren P. said...

Such a sweet post, Abby! Although it is not easy, I am letting go and letting God get all up in my 2013!

I am excited for what He has in store not just for me but for your family, too!

Happy New Year! :)

Bren P.
The Teacher Diaries

Erin Sample said...

Best of luck in 2013 and happy 30th birthday! I turn 30 in 4 months and I hope I feel as peaceful and content as you do. It's inspiring!
Erin
Sample’s Superstars

Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts said...

You are such a positive light :) Love your year in review and wishing you & your fam the best in 2013!

~Stephanie
3rd Grade Thoughts

Christy said...

What a wonderful post and testament. Many prayers and positive thoughts will be following you throughout the adoption process :)

Christy said...

What a wonderful post and testament! There will be plenty of prayers and positivity following you throughout the adoption process. Have a happy and blessed new year!

Amy Howbert said...

Beautiful post. God is ever present, and sometimes it seems like it gets a little quiet, but that only means He's working on it.
Blessings to you!

Amy Howbert
Little Miss Organized
amyhowbert1@gmail.com

Tania said...

What an amazing post! 2013 is just about to bring you more blessings to celebrate.
First watch is my ultimate breakfast place. I miss it!
Tania

My Second Sense

Elisabeth said...

I love your honesty about your faith and how God has moved in your life! It is so refreshing to find fellow bloggers who aren't afraid to let God work through them :) Will be praying for you guys as you move forward with adoption!

Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

Tanya Solano said...

You are absolutely precious! I know 2013 will be full of blessings for you and your wonderful family!

Lots of love,
Tanya

Jill said...

Loved this post, I am so thankful to have God in my life also.
Jill

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

Such a beautiful post! Happy New Year.

Gladys said...

Love this post! The Lord works in mysterious ways..I know this wee one will be sooo blessed to be a part of your sweet little family. Best wishes in 2013. :)

Sarah said...

What a wonderful 2012! Wishing you the best as you go through the process of adoption. I can't wait to see pictures! : )

Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

Jimmy Dinh said...

Dear Abby!

You are such a great inspiration! I've been following you for over half a year now (on this blog, not in a creepy way, haha) and I must say, YOUR happiness rubs off on others! Reading this last post just makes me smile and reflect on how happy I am with my life, every aspect of it.

Please keep up the great work on TpT and of course, school. You are changing the world one child at a time.

By the way, you have such a GREAT looking family!

-Mr. Jimmy

Jessica said...

You are so adorable Abby!!! I love reading your blog and you always know how to make your readers smile! =) Look forward to more of your posts in 2013!!!
Jessica
http://underthealphabettree.blogspot.com

Mrs. Lynes said...

What a great post! I hope 2013 is amazing for you!!

Miss Eshbaugh said...

Thanks for sharing your heart for 2012! Praying that 2013 will bring more joy your way!!! :-)

Heidi Harrell said...

Loved this post so much! I hope that 2013 sees your dreams come true! I had to go back and check out your unitard pictures - hilarious. I LOVE that you made it into the hippopotamus for Christmas song. I have a weird habit of doing that same thing. I had some surgery before Christmas and sang I Want a Hysterectomy for Christmas for 3 months.... Love it!
Heidi

chelsearose said...

What a beautiful post! You are so blessed and I am so happy for you with the adoption and everything else you have experienced this year! I would love to hear more about everything and catch up sometime! I am looking to organize another tri-state blogger meet up! I know you're super busy, but would still love for you to attend!! See my page for more details! Best of luck in 2013 and will continue to pray for you throughout this new adventure!!

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog! I am a new blogger and would love to get my name out there in the teacher blogging world. I am a K teacher right outside of Nashville (Franklin). I am having a difficult time tapping in and friending other teacher bloggers :) Any advice/shout outs would be tremendously appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Elizabeth Hall
http://liveitloveitlearnit.blogspot.com/

karen said...

Wow! What a year, and what a year to come! I loved reading your blog. I have dear friends who are waiting on their adoption through Columbia. Its been an exciting journey for them. I wish you the best of luck! Happy 2013!

Karen
Mrs. Jones’s Kindergarten

Emily said...

Love this post! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy reading your blog- I'm a first grade teachers in Tulsa, OK. Will be sending you prayers as you begin this adoption process, what a blessing you will be for a little one.
Emily

Sally said...

My prayers are with you and your family Abby. Your blog was one of the first I fell in love with and I've enjoyed following your journey thus far!

Sally

www.misspeachsclass.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I have to agree with a previous comment - you are such a positive light! Thank you for the encouraging words and the always entertaining posts! I've been reading for quite a while but I've recently decided to start my own blog. I'm a first year teacher (first grade!!) in the DFW area! Yee-Haw!

Holly
journeytomrscaudle.blogspot.com

Mrs. Dwyer said...

I love your honesty and how much fun you seem to have in ALL of your pictures! Looking forward to continuing to follow you in 2013! Have a blessed year! You're a blessing to so many!

~Tanya

A+ Firsties

Lisa Riggs said...

From one KY teacher to another - love, love, love your post!! So ture! Best wishes to you for continued blessings in the new year!

Lisa

TeachingandLearning

Shelly Houseman said...

What an uplifting post! You are truly a blessing to your fellow teachers. I know that I am always inspired by your passion for teaching and your creative spirit. I will be praying for your little nugget to be. Adoption is a amazing thing and he/she will be lucky to have such a fabulous mommy!
Hugs,peace, and chicken grease,
Shelly
The Land of Glitter

vicky1970 said...

Aww abby - we must be on the same wavelength. I just posted about not getting in the way of what GOd has in store for you. GOd is good and such a blessing. Thanks for the reminders and encouragement! Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Andrea Knight said...

Abby,
Without a doubt, you are an amazing teacher, but the impact you're having on people in a spirit-filled faith way is honest and inspiring. Our pastor reminds us often to "Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, 'Oh man, she's up!'" You remind me of that and in the face of unanswered questions, you're standing firm in the knowledge that God has a plan for you and your family. (I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know... I just think Christ rings through you and your post was refreshing and sweet.) Thanks for sharing and many blessings to you in this coming year. Happy new year! :)

Deedee Wills said...

Simply XOXO... that is all!

Anonymous said...

Your post touched my heart. As my family goes through a difficult time right now, my faith is the only thing getting me through each day. I hope, someday, I can share my feelings as eloquently as you did. Thanks for the reminder that He is always there with us.
xo

Maria Manore said...

Whew, I am finally catching up on my blog feed. What an amazing year 2012 was for you! I'm sure 2013 will be that much better! Blessings for a new year!

Maria
Kinder-Craze

Heidi said...

Just found your blog today and I've been encouraged by your faith. I jumped off the infertility-go-round and adopted 4 years ago and I have never regretted it. My son is such a precious gift from God and my husband and I grew closer in the ups and downs of the adoption process. I hope you have a lovely 2013 with many surprises.