Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Candy Corn Bandit!

 

So this is the part of the school year where I tell you that – while I love my job – I miss having a classroom!  The holidays are such a fun time of year to be a classroom teacher! 

When I taught my firsties last year, we worked on making predictions with our buddy, The Candy Corn Bandit.  I even wrote a midnight serenade about him, which I blogged about last year.  Go read it only if you like corny.  Candy corny, that is.

CCBandit

My pumpkins had oh-so-much-fun hunting down this masked man.  They even referenced him several times throughout the rest of the school year, blaming him for any classroom mischief! 

023

014   016   020

If you’d like to get in on this candy caper {making predictions} action, you can get this fun-filled pack on sale for a limited time for four bucks right now in my TpT shop.  It’s a great activity to incorporate into Halloween party day, too.   {‘Cause goodness knows when you’re in school the day of trick-or-treat it is. all. over.  On second though, you should just call in sick.  Ha!}  Anyway, click HERE for more details!

Sorry, I just have to post these for sentimental purposes – the kids looking for candy caper clues!  They were soooooo cute!   Aw, I miss them!

024   025

I also did some pumpkin seed activities with *freebies* found HERE.

021    003

004 (2)    004

I hope everyone is having a great week!

16 comments:

Miss Foote said...

My kids LOVED this last year. Since I looped with half of them, I am not repeating it either! So I blogged about it for other teachers to treat their kids. Thanks for all your fun ideas.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Vickie said...

My kids loved this last year, and like yours, would blame the candy corn bandit for ANYTHING that happened!! I can't wait to do it again with my new group :)
Vickie

Lauren said...

Ahh so cute!! Abby this was the first thing I bought on TPt EVER last year and it started my addiction!! My kiddos this year loved it even more and even brought in homemade "traps" that their parents helped them make. One kid even brought in homemade quicksand- no joke. I even posted our craftivities on my blog earlier and gave you a shout out ;) I love this lesson- great job!

Lauren C
www.kinder-friends.blogspot.com

Mrs. Lynes said...

We did your pumpkin seed activities last week and the kids loved them :)

Sarah Paul said...

I have your Candy Corn Bandit in my plans for next week when we focus on making predictions. This is one of my favorite activities (this and your snow day inference activity). They kids just LOVE it!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Rikki said...

I love the Candy Corn Bandit. I plan on doing this activity this week with my firsties. I did it last year with my second grade class and they LOVED it. I love your ideas!
ą®Rikki
The Hive

Ms. A said...

I L-O-V-E-D hunting down the Candy Corn Bandit with my kiddos this year and can't wait to use it on 10/31! I have several kiddos in my class who don't celebrate Halloween, so this is the perfect non-Halloween activity to have a little fun on that day. :)

Peace, Love, and First

Brandi R said...

I think I saw you at Target today :-)

Andrea Forehand said...

Wonderful blog Abby! Enjoyed very much! I am smack the baby on the butt brand new at bloggy world and just created my very first! Granted I'm still working out the kinks, it's been a lot of fun! Thank you for the inspiration!
forehandsphenomenalfirsties.blogspot.com

Rachel Seymour said...

The Candy Corn Bandit is such a cute idea! I just Boo'd you! Visit my blog to join the linky party! :) You can choose a free item from my TpT store too...just send me an email! Love your blog!!

Rachel
A-B-Seymour

Heidi Samuelson said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us!
Heidi,
I always love your blog posts and your suggestions! Thanks for taking the time out to share with others!
You've been Booed...
Come check out your freebies and how to participate in the fun!
Swamp Frog First Graders

Miss Lorentz said...

I am stopping by TPTs now and can't wait to try out your prediction activity!

I'm hosting a Halloween Linky Party and would love for you to add your post!

chen tianai said...

buying cheap runescape gold,buy rs gold,buy rs gold Click http://www.runescapegogo.com,7/24 customer serviceWe supply 7/24 and 365 days live help, you can find helpness from our best service

Jana Brizzi said...

I e-mailed you a couple weeks ago with a question about the write and stamp... where am I supposed to look on your blog? I'm not really up on the blogging world. I've tried to look through everythin, but don't see explanations for that activity.

Also, on a side note - do you have any suggestions for activities/work for those kids who don't celebrate holidays? I like to do all of this fun holiday stuff, but I'm struggling finding things for my student who is not allowed to celebrate. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Tales of a First Grade Teacher said...

Hi, I just found you after reading Cara's post about Chicago--Then i put 2 and 2 together and realized the candy corn bandit I was just looking at was you! It looks super cute! I think I may have missed the sale though :(
btw, newest follower;p
I'd love for you to check out my little blog when you get the chance.
http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com/2012/10/if-you-give-teacher-unit.html
Happy hunting,
Jessica

joannesblog said...

Great idea, looks like fun!