I have had many requests to see my daily schedule, so I am posting a copy of my lesson plans/daily schedule so you can see how we spend our day in Mrs. Mullins First Grade!
As you read through them, please remember a few things...
- My schedule is *always* evolving!
- This was my first year in 1st grade, so I am still learning. It may look completely different next year as I accomodate new ideas, district mandates, and a new class.
- RTI is Response to Instruction.
- I attach a photocopy of the Treasures suggested lesson plan each week so I don't have to go into too much detail on these plans. I do this with RTI too.
- I do not do Chapter Read-Aloud for 25 minutes. That time accomodates returning from recess/restroom break and walking to specials classes.
- I keep a block of time open at the end of the day for "Themed Activities." This is when I do all my unit stuff, and I usually try to make sure it somehow addresses the skills/knowledge we are learning in other content areas or reinforces a previously taught skill. I incorporate lots of creative writing into this time also. This week Treasures is about bugs, so we're doing Deanna's Insect Unit. I *love* it! Plus, doing themed activities help the last hour of the day pass by soooooo much quicker because the students absolutely love projects/activities/art/non-fiction reading.
Click the picture below to see a PDF of my personal lesson plans with times and details for our day.
If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments and I will respond directly in the comments section.
And, lastly, if you've sent me an email recently, I am so sorry for the delay in response! I'm catching up from Spring Break, but promise to respond to them all soon!
Happy Monday, sweet friends!!!!!